This Course is primarily concerned with providing delegates with the knowledge, and practical understanding to recognise pavement defects and their potential causes, and the evaluation of the various maintenance options, and their most beneficial use. The importance, and types of maintenance, pavement distress modes and evaluation techniques are detailed and workshopped.
Advice is given on how to undertake a visual condition assessment (IPWEA Practice Note 9 Suite will be referenced) and prepare a condition report for maintenance & renewal needs, asset management planning and valuation purposes. Delegates will learn how to produce forecasts, work schedules and programs.
Case studies and workshops are used throughout to facilitate practical learning suited to gaining recognition of competence on the undertaking of a related assignment following the course. Morning & afternoon teas and Lunches are included as are Course Notes inclusive of PPTs and relevant extracts from PN9, however a copy of PN9 can be purchased prior – refer www.ipwea.org/pn9.
• Road Pavement Asset Management Basics
• PN9 Suite Condition Assessment Approach
• Risk Management
• Levels of Service
• Calculations of Condition Scores
• Pavement Maintenance
- types, importance, objectives, pavement distress and modes & mechanisms
• Pavement Evaluation Techniques, Purpose and Methods
• Identification of Causes & Treatment of Visual Distress
• How to Undertake Condition Surveys
• Road Asset Components
• Preventative Maintenance
• Periodic Maintenance- types, benefits & case study
• Condition Assessment
• Data Analysis a& Information Management
• Lifecycles & Long Term Financial Planning
• Workshop and Case Studies